Excel Construction Services, Inc. provides a complete line of commercial maintenance and construction services. We are an owner managed company with over 25 years accumulated experience. We have structured our operations and multiple branches throughout the states of California, Arizona and Nevada to permit us to quickly respond to client service requests and emergencies. These services range from simple lock replacements to roll outs of multi-million-dollar improvement projects. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled service to its customers and great benefits and opportunities to its staff!
Growing California based commercial construction company is seeking an experienced Senior Electrician to perform commercial repair and maintenance work in the Southern California area. The ideal candidate will be able to ensure timely and proper completion of a high volume of repair and maintenance service work orders ranging from small handyman type repairs to medium commercial renovation projects within the electrical trade.
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and have a variety of construction skillsets to compliment electrical trade experience.
· Complete service work orders at various client locations within Southern California
· Diagnose and fix malfunctioning electrical systems, apparatus, and components
· Prepare bids, field sketches and bill of materials to complete larger scopes of work requiring return trips
· Plan, layout and install conduit, electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures according to job specifications and local codes
· Work atop ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures
· Work within building plenums, above drop ceilings and other space constrained areas to complete electrical repair and install scopes of work
· Perform other construction related activities as directed
· Properly photograph existing job site conditions and work completion
· Electrician’s California State Certification card preferred but not required
· Required to have strong troubleshooting skill sets
- Expected to be able to work independently and with others depending on scope of work
· Ability to communicate effectively with company’s clients, management team and other field employees
· Must be able to perform general physical activities common to the electrical trade (i.e. climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials)
· Must be success oriented and able to diagnose and articulate scope of work to others
· Must be able to operate service truck and other equipment safely
· Must have intermediate computer skills to include sending emails, taking photos, and using smart phone.
Need clean DMV.
Ability to pass drug test and physical.
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off benefits – PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan – Company Funded
- Medical & Dental: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EACH EMPLOYEE, 50% PAID BY EXCEL FOR FAMILY.
- Vision: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EMPLOYEE AND FAMILY
- Aflac: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EMPLOYEE – Includes Accident Advantage, Cancer Care, Short Term Disability, Life, and Telemedicine. Employee has option to buy-up for their family.
Job Type: Full-time