Excel Construction Services, Inc. provides a complete line of commercial maintenance and construction services. We are an owner managed company with over 25 years accumulated experience. We have structured our operations and multiple branches throughout the states of California, Arizona and Nevada to permit us to quickly respond to client service requests and emergencies. These services range from simple lock replacements to roll outs of multi-million-dollar improvement projects. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled service to its customers and great benefits and opportunities to its staff!
Growing commercial construction company is seeking an experienced General Construction Service Technician to perform commercial repair and maintenance work in the Southern California area. The ideal candidate will be able to ensure timely and proper completion of a high volume of repair and maintenance service work orders ranging from small handyman type repairs to medium commercial renovation projects.
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and have a variety of construction skillsets including but not limited to basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, drywall, and painting.
– Servicing work orders at various client locations within Southern California
– Performing a variety of construction and facility maintenance scopes of work including but not limited to basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, drywall and painting
– Responding to emergency service requests
– Preparing bids, field sketches and bill of materials to complete larger scopes of work requiring return trips
– Plan, layout and complete scopes of work according to job specifications and code requirements
– Communication with company’s management team and its customers
– Properly photographing existing job site conditions and work completion
– Documenting daily work activity and responding to management team inquiries
– Must have a flexible schedule and be willing to work some nights and weekends as needed
– May also be required to travel and stay near job sites overnight occasionally
– Excellent attendance, dependability and reliability are essential
– Required to have strong troubleshooting skillsets
– Expected to be able to work independently and with others depending on scope of work
– Must be able to complete scope of work according to industry quality standards and within prescribed time frames
– Ability to communicate effectively with company’s clients, management team and other field employees
– Must be able to perform general physical activities common to construction (i.e. climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials)
– Must be able to operate company provided service truck and other equipment safely
– Must have intermediate computer skills
Need Very Good DMV
Ability to pass background check, drug screen and physical exam