We are an established multi-state commercial construction company servicing multiple Fortune 500 companies.
Excel Construction Services, Inc. provides a complete line of commercial maintenance and construction services. We are an owner managed company with over 25 years accumulated experience. We have structured our operations and multiple branches throughout the states of California, Arizona and Nevada to permit us to quickly respond to client service requests and emergencies. These services range from simple lock replacements to roll outs of multi-million-dollar improvement projects. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled service to its customers and great benefits and opportunities to its staff!
The Facilities Maintenance Operations Supervisor manages a pipeline of work orders for repair and maintenance for all trades across a specified geographical region working with the Operations team including Administrative Assistants, Scheduler/Dispatcher, the OPS Manager and other OPS Supervisors, as well as Field Supervisors and Logistical Support staff. This will include all aspects of project management. As work orders are received the OPS Supervisor reviews the scope, the Priority level, available resources, and other factors, and dispatches technicians to address the client needs and complete the repair. When additional work is needed, the OPS Supervisor makes all arrangements for follow on work. The OPS Supervisor will also create proposals to the client for additional work and budget increases.
The OPS Supervisor works from our Fullerton office during office hours. The OPS Supervisor will also be available to answer after-hours phone calls as needed.
BASIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain highest levels of internal and external confidentiality.
- Review client work orders and assign field technicians based on scope, geographical location, resource availability, client Service Level Agreement, and individual technician skills.
- Contact field technicians via phone, email, text, and in-person, to line them out.
- Follow up with technicians before they leave a job site to ensure completion of work or verify what work remains if the technician was not able to complete work on first trip.
- Interface with the Scheduler for completing technician’s proposed daily routes.
- Review photos, notes, emails, and field reports.
- Using photos from field technicians, complete a Quality Control check on completed work before submitting order for invoicing.
- If additional work needs to be done, make all necessary arrangements for follow up work.
- Prepare and submit proposals to the account manager.
- Coordinate with Operations staff, client corporate headquarters, and site managers for access schedules, key programming, alarm codes, and work schedules.
- Track job costs including materials and labor to ensure each job comes in on or under budget.
- Monitor projects to reduce or eliminate overtime.
· Be available for On Call/After Hours support via company issued cell phone.
· When/if needed, travel to job sites in company provided vehicle for estimating, QC or supervision of work.
· Interface with technicians before they leave for the day to ensure that they have all of the necessary materials, tools and equipment for their jobs and that they understand the scopes of work.
· Interface with technicians when they return to go over all work completed, that all tools and equipment are serviced and returned, and all paperwork and photos are submitted before they punch out.
BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- 8 years of work experience in the construction/facilities maintenance industry.
- (Work experience can include working in a trade, as a field supervisor or construction superintendent, Project Engineer, Project Coordinator, Junior Project Manager or Project Manager, Operations Manager, Facilities Maintenance Supervisor, Facilities Engineer, or similar occupations.)
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven, service oriented environment.
- Team player yet able to work independently, with demonstrated ability to be flexible, responsive and to take initiative.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills – able to work effectively with all levels of staff.
- Convey a strong positive personal and professional image with excellent standards of professional behavior and ethics.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to set priorities, display attention to details and is tenacious with follow-ups.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish a plus.
- Consistently handle situations with tact, maturity and patience, and able to work well under pressure.
- Highly motivated, energetic and resourceful.
- Strong customer service orientation; responds to customers’ needs with a sense of urgency, and with a “How can I help” mindset.
- Ability to exercise judgment in managing confidential or sensitive information
- Ability to handle diverse personalities.
- High attention to detail.
- Must only be satisfied by a high level of quality and workmanship.
- Familiar with construction documents, blue prints, environmental reports, site maps, etc.
- Able to work beyond normal office hours (sometimes weekends) during peak periods
- Intermediate computer skills and Microsoft Office skills, especially in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direct others for results as needed. Requires minimum 5-7 years demonstrated people management work experience.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
BASIC COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
- Drug testing required.
- Company operates a smoke free, tobacco free, and “Vape” free environment.
About Excel Construction, Inc.:
A growing commercial construction company based in Fullerton, California, continues to expand throughout the Southern California area.
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off benefits – PTO
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan – Company Funded
- Medical & Dental: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EACH EMPLOYEE, 50% PAID BY EXCEL FOR FAMILY.
- Vision: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EMPLOYEE AND FAMILY
- Aflac: 100% PAID BY EXCEL FOR EMPLOYEE – Includes Accident Advantage, Cancer Care, Short Term Disability, Life, and Telemedicine. Employee has option to buy-up for their family.
Job Type: Full-time / Salaried